The NCIB Markets team scooped nine of the 32 Spire Awards, hosted by the JSE on 27 October, increasing the number of awards achieved in 2015 by six.
These prestigious awards recognise excellence in the Commodity Derivatives, Currency Derivatives, Fixed Income Derivatives and Bond Markets as listed on the JSE. They are awarded based on trading volumes and votes are cast by clients.
Bernard Claassens, Manager: Fixed Income at the JSE says that the voting process ensures that the awards remain credible and creates a highly competitive environment. “The JSE congratulates this year’s winners. The awards allow us to recognise the hard work and innovation of a range of different market participants, from brokers to researchers and sales teams as well as issuers.”
NCIB’s awards are:
- Best Interest Rate Derivatives House
- Best Market Making Team – Government Bonds
- Best Sales Team – Bonds
- Best Sales Team – Interest Rate Derivatives
- Best Research Team – Technical Analysis (FX, IRD, Bonds)
- Best Bonds House
- Best Team- Inflation Bonds
- Best Repo Team
- Best Team – Listed Interest Rate Derivatives