Today we are taking a look at:
- Foreign flows lacklustre, R37 million outflow from bond market yesterday
- Rand strength dominates, upbeat against crosses; dollar on the back foot this morning
- Gold remains lacklustre, while oil remains resilient above $50/bbl.
- The JSE returned to gains; European markets extended their recent winning streak; US markets traded marginally higher as weaker energy shares limited gains and Asian shares are mixed this morning
- SA retail sales growth surprises to the upside; US housing data disappoints, FOMC minutes shows divide among policymakers; Eurozone recovery seems on track; Japanese data upbeat this morning