Today we are taking a look at:
- Better inflows of foreign capital into the SA bond market seen yesterday
- The rand under pressure as the dollar rebounds
- Gold rallies as dollar softens, Brent rises closer to $55/bbl. as Saudi Arabia prompts OPEC members to curb exports
- The JSE lost ground for the first time this week. European markets were mixed while U.S. markets experienced choppy trading eventually closing at new highs as the strength in the oil price continued. Disappointing economic data from China is weighing on Asian markets this morning.
- SA business confidence marginally higher in Q3, retail sales growth eases; US PPI rises above Fed target; Eurozone industrial production upbeat in July; UK unemployment rate declines; Chinese data softer this morning