Today we are taking a look at:
- Markets cautious ahead of CPI and central bank meetings, small foreign capital inflows into the local bond market yesterday
- Global focus firmly on the FOMC this evening; Dollar weakens overnight, supporting majors
- Gold price remains downbeat and within narrow range, Brent volatile and elevated ahead of OPEC meeting this weekend
- Markets seem to be range bound ahead of the U.S. FOMC meeting while geopolitical tensions have returned. The JSE saw small moves with the major indices closing on opposite sides of the unchanged line. European markets positive, US closed at another record high; Asian markets are mixed this morning.
- Eurozone investor sentiment improves, current account surplus widens; US current account deficit rises in Q2; Japanese trade upbeat in August