Today we are taking a look at:
- Foreign flow activity slows yesterday; 186s and 2032s the outperformers on the day. Small outperformance in bonds, with the 10y better bid
- Despite disappointing local business confidence data USDZAR continues to post gains.
- Both gold and oil remain elevated on the back of geopolitical risks
- The JSE traded lower for a fourth session; European markets were supported by a rally in the automotive sector. U.S. markets rallied as Trump agreed to support increasing the debt ceiling; Asian markets are up this morning as focus shifts off tensions with North Korea.
- SA business confidence at a 32-year low; Fed beige book sees modest growth in the US