Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGBs remain bid yesterday, liquidity re-emerge in the bond market
- Local FX markets will be focused on ANC NEC and SARB MPC meetings today
- Brent remains close to $69/bbl. while the strong dollar weighs on the gold price
- The JSE continued higher, while European markets lost ground, weighed by disappointing earnings reports.
The Dow and S&P close at record highs, with Asian markets tracking US markets higher
- SA retail sales soar in November, driven by seasonal factors; US industrial activity upbeat,
Beige Book shows modest to moderate growth