Today we are taking a look at:
- A less dovish than expected SARB yesterday gave the ZAR a fillip but USTs above 2.60
keep SAGBs stable
- USDZAR had R12.00/$ in its sights, strengthens after SARB MPC
- Gold weighed down by strong dollar; Oil continues lower as Chinese data disappoints
- The Top40 traded lower with retailers extending gains; European markets ended mixed with utilities
remaining under pressure. U.S. markets ended lighter after the previous day’s record-breaking performance and Asian markets are trading higher this morning.
- Chinese data disappoints; US housing market data disappoints; SARB marginally dovish