Today we are taking a look at:
- SA GDP data and continuing risk on gives SAGBs good support after last week’s rout of the back end
- SA GDP beating estimates provides support for the Rand; US dollar weakens further amid news of further curbs on imports
- Gold remains upbeat, supported by a weak dollar; Crude oil prices remain supported by risk appetite, despite rising US production
- The JSE jumped over 2% while global markets experienced choppy trading, overnight markets were rattled by the resignation of the economic advisor to Donald Trump.
- SA GDP growth surprises to the upside in Q4, 2017 full year growth comes in at 1.3% vs 0.9% expected