Today we are taking a look at:
- Marginally lower bond yields across the curve, although liquidity remains thin
- Local FX markets focus on CPI release, global majors remain range bound and non-committal
- Gold and oil remain upbeat, supported by the weak dollar and bargain buying
- The JSE closed firmer tracking European markets higher; US markets close with solid gains buoyed by corporate earnings; Asian markets tracking the US higher, while China trades lower weighed by US trade disputes
- IMF raises SA growth forecasts, maintains global growth forecast at 3.9%; US housing market rebounds in March, industrial production disappoints; Japanese trade data upbeat in March
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.