Today we are taking a look at:
- Thin liquidity conditions in the bond market, more curve flattening as bonds remain bid
- Risk-off on the back of further trade war concerns impact FX markets, USDZAR weakens above R12.00/$ this morning
- The gold price remains subdued after recent decline; oil extends weekly loss amid global concerns over trade wars
- The JSE tracked global markets higher, as trade war fears eased; European markets saw strong gains, with the US ending the session firmer; Asian markets are mixed
- SACCI business confidence eases in March but trend remains upbeat; Eurozone retail sales data reflects strong domestic demand
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.