Today we are taking a look at:
- SA bonds yields remain on the back foot as EM risk-off persists amid concern over Iranian nuclear deal, locals absorb offshore selling
- Rand stages modest recovery as dollar pressure eases
- Dollar eases somewhat, supporting gold prices; Oil remains elevated on the back of recent Iranian developments
- Equity markets traded higher with energy shares taking the lead as the oil price hit $77 a barrel post the U.S. announcing its intention withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal and to curb Iran’s crude sales
- SA Business confidence index declines in April after rally at the start of the year; Asian data this morning is mixed
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.