Today we are taking a look at:
- EM risk-off eases, supporting SA bonds, yields decline sharply across the curve
- USDZAR firms as the dollar weakens, majors stronger this morning as well
- A pull-back in the dollar provides a catalyst for the gold price, oil remains elevated on geopolitical tensions
- The JSE and global markets end the day firmer; Asian markets are tacking their lead from the strong US close
- SA mining and manufacturing data disappoint in Q1; BOE keeps rates unchanged; US inflation rises, but underlying price pressure remain stagnant, wage growth disappoints
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.