Today we are taking a look at:
- Foreign selling persists in the local bond market, yields continue to rise
- The rebound in the dollar weighs on the rand and EM FX, majors weaker this morning
- Commodity prices come under pressure as a result of a stronger dollar, oil remains elevated despite a marginal pull-back
- US markets take a breather from a four-day rally
- SA unemployment rate remains structurally high; Japanese economy contracts for the first time in two years; US retail sales growth eases; Eurozone growth unchanged in Q1, industrial production upbeat
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.