Today we are taking a look at:
- Sudden change in sentiment causes global risk-on – SA bonds supported, yields sharply lower yesterday, open weaker today in like with EM FX
- Global majors remain weak, USDZAR stages a mild recovery but market remains cautious ahead of SA CPI release and SARB MPC
- Gold remains range-bound, Brent rises to $80/bbl. again
- The Top40 rallied +0.5% while global markets closed mixed swayed by various headline comments
- SA leading index eases in March – we watch whether this develops into a trend
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.