Today we are taking a look at:
- Local bond yields continue to rise, but liquidity improves and local participants absorb offshore selling
- The rand stages a modest recovery post the US data
- Gold and oil prices recover after the NFP data, gold driven by a weaker dollar this morning and oil by tensions between US and Iran
- The JSE ends Friday’s session firmer, while strong corporate earnings give a lift to European and US markets; Asian markets are mostly firmer, with the Nikkei underperforming
- Eurozone retail sales growth eases in March; US labour market data disappoints, but overall trend still shows a very tight labour market
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.