Today we are taking a look at:
- Bonds found support again yesterday, with yields grinding lower despite the weaker than expected current account print
- Local focus remains on Eskom
- Oil traded near $66 as OPEC and its allies reached a preliminary agreement despite strong opposition from Iran to boost production
- Global markets traded weaker as global trade concerns resurfaced
- SA current account for 1Q18 came in at -4.8% of GDP. The print was wider than Bloomberg consensus expectations of -3.9%. However, as base case one should expect the current account too be narrower for the rest of 2018
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.