Nedbank CIB’s Markets team achieved a great showing across all the categories in the Financial Mail Top Analyst Awards 2018. It’s worth noting that in 2017, we were recognised in eight categories, and this year 13!
Here are our number one rankings
- Fixed-Interest Securities Research: Walter de Wet
- Execution: Fixed Income Securities: A great achievement by our Bond trading team
- Technical Analysis: Neels Heyneke for the sixth year running, cementing his position as the ‘go-to’ technical analyst in SA
Other good rankings
- Leon Esterhuizen and Arnold van Graan in Gold Mining as well as in Platinum and Precious Metals Mining (the latter category for the first time)
- Len van Niekerk and Ridwaan Loonat in the Real Estate category
- Insurance: Grant Davids
- Credit Analysis: Jones Gondo
- Neels Heyneke and Mehul Daya in Investment Strategy and Innovative Research
Our new entries
- Risk Management: Neels Heyneke was ranked fourth
- Administrative Efficiency
- Execution: Derivative
“As further recognition of the quality of our research offering, we were asked to contribute to the well-known and highly regarded independent research publication, BCA (Bank Credit Analyst), on Dollar Liquidity,” says managing executive for Markets, Anél Bosman. “It was an unprecedented move by BCA to invite external contributors. The April edition titled “BCA Special Report – Is King Dollar Facing Regicide” was distributed to their global client base including some of the largest and most influential fund managers and policy makers.”
“Well done to the team for the worldclass research they are producing for our clients, coupled with our full service on interest rates, research, technical analysis and execution,” concludes Bosman.
You have shown interest in this article, you might find this article “Industrial Sector Drives South African Property Returns” relevant as well.