Today we are taking a look at:
- Despite a stronger rand, rates were disinterested in very lacklustre trade, this morning we open 5bps stronger
- The rand stages late recovery despite a very strong US dollar, majors downbeat
- Gold price marginally higher, Brent crude price continues to fall as Russia increases oil output
- US markets advanced ahead of earnings season with the likes of JP Morgan and Citigroup reporting today
- SA mining and manufacturing data mixed, but slightly better in May; US inflation rises; Eurozone industrial production boosted by German output
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.