Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGBs continue to lag the price action in the rand, although yields did rally somewhat through the course of the day
- Today’s focus on U.S data
- The gold price continues lower despite dollar weakness; Brent continues to fall as OPEC supplies more crude to Asia amid supply shortages from Venezuela, Libya and sanction in Iran
- US Corporate earnings and Brent Crude oil prices are likely to drive markets this week
- US retail sales growth eases in June, reflecting falling confidence levels
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.