Today we are taking a look at:
- Global risk trades poorly all day. Rates only choose to react after MPC with a bear flattening bias
- The rand remains on the back foot despite dollar weakness; majors broadly upbeat this morning
- Gold remains downbeat; Brent volatile as a result of various news – OPEC raises production target while US demand likely to rise
- The JSE ends little changed, while earnings weigh on European and US markets; a fall in the Chinese yuan drags Asian markets lower
- US leading index continues to rise; UK retail sales disappoints; SARB becomes increasingly hawkish, revises inflation forecasts sharply higher; Japanese inflation eases in June
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.