Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGBs continue to rally, tracking the rand stronger, risk assets end the week fairly upbeat
- USDZAR stronger despite a resilient dollar, FX markets brace for an eventful week ahead
- Gold and oil range-bound through the course of the day, following dollar trend, Brent marginally lower this morning as rig activity rises
- The JSE continued higher of Friday, with European markets ending firmer, as US tariff tensions eased. Disappointing results from the tech sector weighed on US markets/ Asian markets track the US lower
- US GDP growth rises in Q2 in advance print, but surprises to the downside relative to consensus; Japanese retail sales growth improvesDailyMarketCommentary180730
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.