Today we are taking a look at:
- ZAR trading well at 13.4450 so SAGBs open stronger in line, yields marginally lower
- The rand opens the week firmer
- Oil halted a push toward $74 a barrel as U.S. explorers boosted the number of rigs drilling for crude, temporarily easing supply disruption concerns
- The JSE ends lower, while European and U.S markets trade firmer, shrugging off trade tensions. Asian markets are tracking the US higher
- US labour market data upbeat despite global trade war risk
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.