Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGBs struggle to follow the strong ZAR, but yields decline across the curve, albeit marginally
- Rand loses ground on ANC announcement of fast-tracking land reform
- Stronger dollar weighs on gold and oil
- Global markets trade mostly firmer, buoyed by strong earnings numbers and on a report that the US and China were seeking to resolve trade differences
- SA unemployment rate rises in Q2, trade posts a larger surplus in June; Eurozone CPI rises but growth eases in July; US core PCE disappoints, spending growth eases
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.