Today we are taking a look at:
- Yields decline as risk-off sentiment fatigued, locally, markets calmed by President Ramaphosa’s comments on land reform
- Trade war concerns continue to dictate moves in the FX market
- Oil price extend gains from previous session as US stockpiles fall; Gold marginally lower this morning
- The JSE posted handsome gains while global markets were cautious ahead of the release of the FOMC minutes.
- SA CPI sharply higher in July as a result of electricity and transport costs
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.