Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGBs marginally bid over the day but flows remained light and bonds lag the ZAR
- Dollar strength persists, weighing on majors, however USDZAR strengthens post-NFP, Eskom continues to negotiate a wage settlement
- Weaker dollar boosts gold temporarily, but dollar strength resumes this morning; Brent range-bound
- The JSE ends Friday’s session higher. Strong earnings numbers overshadow renewed trade tensions in Europe and the US. Asian markets are mixed
- US nonfarm payrolls disappoint, but overall trend remains upbeat; Eurozone retail sales growth eases in JuneDailyMarketCommentary180806
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.