Today we are taking a look at:
- Yields marginally higher on the back of geopolitical tensions
- FX markets watching comments from the UN meeting closely, threats by President Trump have weighed on the dollar
- Brent still elevated as OPEC refuses to make up for sanctioned Iranian oil supplies, gold marginally higher yesterday
- The JSE ends Tuesday’s session weaker. Brent crude trades at a four-year high, boosting oil stocks globally. US markets trade cautiously ahead of the Fed’s decision on interest rates later today
- SARB leading index falls, quarterly bulletin reflects deteriorating household disposable income growth; US data upbeat, driven by consumer confidence
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.