Today we are taking a look at:
- Yields higher as risk off hampers bonds
- The rand remains range-bound, majors weaken on dollar strength
- Brent sharply lower due to weaker demand prospects and rising supplies; Gold price slightly lower
- The JSE and European markets end lower. US markets end the session sharply higher, shrugging off trade war concerns, with Asian markets trading mostly higher, taking their cue from a strong US close
- SA unemployment rate rises further in Q3; Budget posts positive surprise; Eurozone GDP disappoints
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.