Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGBs recover from the high of 9.24 (R186s) in a subdued end to the week, but still underperform as EMFX ends the week badly post Fed
- Rand retreats as the dollar rebounds, global majors remain weak
- Gold sharply lower amid a strong dollar; Brent still low but small rally seen this morning
- The JSE and global markets end Friday’s session lower, reacting to the US Fed’s hawkish statement and on concerns about the outlook for US interest rates.
- UK economic data surprises to the upside in Q3; US consumer sentiment marginally lower recently as consumers concerned about the future
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.