Today we are taking a look at:
- Some position squaring ahead of the US holiday resulted in a rally in SAGB yields, markets remain cautious ahead of SARB rate decision today
- Local FX market remains fixated on SARB MPC meeting this afternoon, ZAR posts strong gains on expectations of a SARB hike
- Brent remains low, gold continues to rally, supported by a weak dollar
- Global markets rebounded on the back of higher oil prices, while the US dollar weakened as talk that the Fed may soften its stance on raising interest rates gained momentum
- SA CPI surprises to the downside in October; US leading indicator rises but capex spending stalls; Japanese CPI upbeat, but core remains lowDailyMarketCommentary181122
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.