Today we are taking a look at:
- Risk stable in Asia but holding at weak levels after the post-payrolls rout in the US; the beleaguered ZAR trades up at 14.1300 area this morning, and SAGBs open weaker in line
- USDZAR on the back foot in line with EM peers
- Gold supported by a weaker dollar; Oil holds gains above $61/bbl.
- Asian markets are weaker this morning tracking US futures lower on concerns around the trade war between the US and China
- US NFP disappoints as labour market tightens, wage growth remains firm
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.