Today we are taking a look at:
- Yields higher, front end reprices sharply but remains relatively illiquid
- Emerging markets hold onto gains made in the week
- Oil extended its retreat as investor appetite for risk assets shrank and uncertainty persisted over how much OPEC output will need to be cut to counter booming
- Asian markets are trading softer this morning as investors exercised a bit of caution ahead of US earnings season which kicks off today
- UK industrial production contracts sharply in November, US December CPI slumps due to energy costs
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.