Today we are taking a look at:
- Front end re-prices lower, but back end continues to trade very poorly despite the increasingly attractive yield pickup now for locals. A weak close in SAGBs
- Dovish SARB, rates on hold, rand unchanged
- Oil’s after-market rebound waned Thursday after the U.S. Treasury Department disputed a report that the Trump administration might ease trade tariffs against China
- Disappointing results from retailers weigh on the JSE. European markets end lower, while news that the US is considering lifting tariffs on Chinese goods buoy US and Asian markets.
- SARB dovish, keeps rates unchanged
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.