Today we are taking a look at:
- Sharp rally in SAGBs and the Rand, again driven by offshore flows despite Eskom concerns
- The Rand continues to post modest gains
- Oil rose for a third day as a deepening crisis in Venezuela that threatens to complicate OPEC’s task of balancing world oil supplies outweighed a surprise jump in U.S. crude inventories
- Global markets traded higher, with investors staying away from riskier assets
- SA consumer confidence remains subdued; ECB dovish, cites downside risks to growthDailyMarketCommentary190125
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.