Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGB yields marginally lower, following ZAR move, but liquidity is thin as street sits long bonds after the auction
- All eyes on the FOMC announcement tonight
- Oil held its biggest gain in more than a week as investors assessed the impact of U.S. sanctions against Venezuela
- US markets ended their trading sessions mixed as investor’s weighed the prospects of a resolution to the trade war, US corporate earnings and the FOMC rate decision tonight
- US consumer confidence sharply lower in January, Japanese retail sales growth positive but eases in December
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.