Today we are taking a look at:
- Late month end inflows into SAGBs will still need clearing, and with risk continuing to trade well
- Focus now shifts to US data
- Oil halted gains after scoring its best January on record as a weak reading on China’s manufacturing sentiment survey reignited concerns of a global slowdown
- Global markets trade mostly higher, lifted by the US Federal Reserve’s dovish report. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq end with strong gains on solid results from Facebook Inc.
- SA PPI falls sharply in December, trade balance surprises to the upside, Eurozone growth unchanged in Q4
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.