Today we are taking a look at:
- Offshore supports SAGBs despite fragile ZAR and local event risk
- The rand holds steady above 14.0000
- Oil traded near the highest level since November on optimism over a U.S.-China trade deal and as an outage at the world’s largest offshore field in Saudi Arabia signalled tightening supply
- Resources continue to rally with the likes of Anglo Platinum and Anglo America rallying 4.65% and 1.56% respectively ahead of their results due this week
- Retail sales in the UK surges in January; US confidence and industrial production data
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.