Today we are taking a look at:
- Bonds weaken in line with the currency
- The rand breaks above 14.0000
- Oil was poised to eke out a third weekly gain after Saudi Arabia defied Trump’s call for lower prices, and a drop in inventories signalled supplies are tightening
- The JSE, European and US markets end mostly lower as Brexit, geopolitical concerns and uncertainty over US-China trade talks weigh on sentiment
- SA trade and budget balances post disappointing deficits in January; US GDP growth beats expectations
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.