Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGBs rally sharply as the Fed pauses interest rate hikes, investors search for yield pick-up
- Local focus now shifts to Moody’s
- Oil hovered near a four-month high as a rising dollar capped crude’s rally; Gold is poised for a third straight weekly gain as investors assessed the Fed’s policy shift to a prolonged pause in monetary policy tightening
- US markets close higher, buoyed by tech stocks and the Fed’s policy statement, which was more dovish than expected. Asian markets are trading mostly lower, with Tencent losing more than 1% following disappointing fourth-quarter results
- SA CPI rises in February, Retail sales growth disappoints despite rising in January; US Fed increasingly dovish, BOE remains cautious ahead of Brexit finalisation
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.