Today we are taking a look at:
- Risk trading poorly raises SAGB yields marginally, markets await SARB and Moody’s event risks later this week
- USDZAR trades cautiously ahead of event risks
- Oil held gains near a four-month high after Russia reaffirmed its commitment to production cuts by the OPEC+ coalition
- SNH announced an accelerated bookbuild on its KAP stake the proceeds of which are to be used to meet its obligations. The stock was placed at a price of 685c which is a c.9.4% discount to the closing price
- SA leading index declines in Jan, in line with confidence; US consumer confidence slumps, housing starts and building permits disappoint
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.