Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGBs rally after local GDP print, carry remains king and SAGBs are still attractive to offshore
- Rand trading on the back foot as dollar strengthens
- Oil extended a decline after an industry report showed a massive increase in crude stockpiles, reviving fears of a global glut
- The local Top40 closed down -0.7%, while international markets were mixed
- SA real GDP growth surprises to the upside in Q4 and 2018 as a whole; Eurozone retail sales sharply higher in January
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.