Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGB yields marginally higher, curve maintains steepening bias
- The rand firmly on the back foot again
- WTI Oil dropped to around $56 a barrel after Trump said the U.S. would impose tariffs on all Mexican goods, opening up a new front in the trade war and further damping the demand outlook
- The JSE, and European and US markets end firmer, while Asian markets trade lower as trade-war concerns continue to dominate
- SA budget deficit widens in April, PPI marginally higher; US GDP growth revised lower in Q1; Japanese data disappoints this morning
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.