Today we are taking a look at:
- Risk trades poorly amid renewed trade tensions, SAGBs resilient amid global risk-off
- Trade wars escalate between the US and China
- Oil climbed along with Asian stocks and currencies as the first day of the latest round of trade talks ended without drama in Washington
- The JSE, European and US markets ended Thursday’s session lower, weighed down by US-China trade concerns; Asian markets are mixed, as little progress was reported on trade negotiations
- SA mining and manufacturing output post quarterly declines in Q1
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.