Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGB curve steepens in the back-end as a result of greater supply, thin liquidity
- Rand trades weaker after neutral FOMC
- Oil extended losses after a bigger-than-expected jump in U.S. stockpiles overshadowed a deepening crisis in Venezuela and the prospect of OPEC and its allies extending their production cuts
- Global equity markets experienced thin volumes, with many markets closed for bank holidays and focus shifting to the US FOMC meeting
- SA budget balance deteriorates, deficit widens, trade balance surprises to the upside in March; Eurozone GDP growth rises in Q1 preliminary print; US consumer confidence rises in April, ADP payrolls remains upbeat
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.