Today we are taking a look at:
- A small bounce in risk this morning after the poor equity performance to end last week
- Local focus this week on the SARB MPC
- Oil started the week strongly after Saudi and other OPEC+ members signalled intentions to keep supplies constrained for the rest of the year, while U.S. tensions with Iran ratcheted up as Trump threatened the country in a tweet
- Rand hedge stocks supported the local bourse with the likes of Richemont gaining 4.67%
- Japanese GDP beats consensus in Q1; US consumer confidence upbeat
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.