Today we are taking a look at:
- Risk-off hampers EM FX, with ZAR above R14.50/$, bonds follow suit, with yields higher over the day
- Rand under pressure ahead of NFP data
- Oil headed for its first back-to-back weekly loss this year as swelling U.S. crude inventories and Russia’s failure to meet a targeted production cut eased fears of a looming supply crunch
- The JSE bucked the global trend, closing in positive territory, while comments from the US Fed weighed on global sentiment
- SA PMI recovers marginally in April; BOE leaves interest rates unchanged, remains cautious on higher inflation
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.