Today we are taking a look at:
- SAGB yields curve marginally steeper last week on risk off
- Trade talks between China and the US now in doubt
- Oil tumbled toward $60 a barrel as President Donald Trump threw trade talks between the world’s two largest economies into disarray with a threat to raise tariffs on Chinese imports, roiling global markets
- The JSE, European and US markets closed firmer, lifted by sold US jobs numbers. Asian markets buckled after President Trump threatened to increase tariffs on Chinese goods over the weekend
- US non-farm payrolls surge in April; Eurozone CPI beats expectations, services prices buoys headline and core
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.