Today we are taking a look at:
- Dovish ECB results in a surge in risk appetite, causing SAGB yields to decline sharply in the belly and long-end
- USDZAR stages a significant comeback
- Oil held its biggest gain in more than five months as OPEC and its allies edged closer to fixing a date for their next meeting and as the U.S. and China signalled trade talks would resume after a stalemate
- Markets await global central bank statements this week after dovish ECB comments earlier in the week; locally, SONA will likely take centre stage tomorrow, but global sentiment should continue to drive our market until then
- Japanese trade deficit widens as exports slump due to trade war and weaker Asian demand
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.