Today we are taking a look at:
· The Fed out-doves the market and risk assets rally hard. SAGBs opening stronger, focus will be on the SONA tonight
· The dollar is on the back foot after dovish Fed commentary, this takes the rand to the strongest level in two months
· Oil rose as U.S. crude stockpiles fell more than forecast and as OPEC’s top producers progressed toward extending output cuts for the rest of the year
· Global equity markets traded cautiously ahead of the FOMC meeting
· SA CPI marginally higher in May, core still muted; UK CPI eases; US Fed sounds increasingly dovish amid low inflation and trade uncertainties
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.