Today we are taking a look at:
- SA yield curve flattens marginally, risk assets upbeat ahead of G20
- Quieter session as USD gains slowly erode
- Oil retreated from a five-week high as concern over the trade war came back to the fore after President Donald Trump warned he might impose substantial additional tariffs on Chinese imports
- Dovish comments by Jerome Powell and disappointing US data on Tuesday evening kept global markets subdued on Wednesday
- US durable goods orders decline; Japanese retail sales rises ahead of tax hike
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.