Today we are taking a look at:
- Risk off continues as the trade war persists, SAGB yield curve maintained marginal steepening bias
- The rand recovers some lost ground
- Oil extended declines as an increasingly aggressive U.S. trade policy fuelled fears the world could be heading for a significant economic slowdown
- Gold index gained 7.79% which was a standout performance with the gold price up 0.95% with safe haven demand rising
- SA trade balance posts a deficit in April; US PCE rises marginally in April
If you are looking for more relevant market commentary, have a look at our other Markets and Research.